Firkin Around...the kitchen.Serves/Makes: 4 - 6
- 4-6 Tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup beer (golden colored, not dark)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
How to cook Tilapia in Beer Batter:
- Cut fillets into 2 inches pieces.
- Put fish in a bowl with lemon juice, parsley, 2 tablespoons cooking oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil for deep frying. (Note: if cooking in batches, give the oil a chance to heat up before continuing)
- Dip pieces of fish individually into batter, and then into hot oil.
- Cook, turning and submerging pieces in the oil until golden brown all over.
- Drain on paper towels.
If you're not a fan of Tilapia, substitute with another fish of your choice, such as Cod or Haddock. Pair it with a refreshing Pilsener, serve it up with some pomme frites, and you've got yourself a great meal.
Firkin deep-fried and good!